VBS/Cleaning & Missionaries

Monday, August 06, 2007 1:23 PM Posted by Shannon Smith
Sorry for the lack of posts lately. We had VBS at our church last week. Josh and I were helping out with that TONS so our evenings were very full. Josh wrote a nice recap of the week. If you'd like to read it, it can be found here.

This past weekend, I worked like mad to get my house back in shape. I had a bunch of projects that I wanted to get accomplished. Here's the list of what Josh and I got done this weekend:
  • Finished unpacking several boxes in the living room.
  • Hung a curtain rod and curtains in the living room.
  • THOROUGHLY cleaned the living room!
  • Cleaned and organized our office (this included moving out two dressers that were being stored in there!)
  • Cleaned out the hall-way closet and organized it.
  • Took the rest of the tape from painting down from the utility room.
  • Cleaned the utility room.
  • Cleaned the hallways.
  • Finished emptying out the Guest Room of excess "stuff."
  • Setup a Futon Bed.
  • Moved in the furniture for the Guest Room and got the beds made.
  • Scrubbed the bathroom.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Cleaned the Dining Room.
  • Cleaned all the floors (carpet and linoleum.)
  • Cleaned up and mowed the yard.
WOW!! I'm tired now!! But....my house looks so much better! It was very nice to be able to get a bunch of projects done.

This week we have a Missionary couple staying with us for the week. They got in contact with us through Baptist Mid-Mission and Josh is going to be helping them create a presentation to show while they are home on furlough. (Hence the reason we wanted to get TONS of stuff done at home this weekend!) So, if you don't hear from me this week, that will be why!

I'll try to take pictures of our house now that it's really clean and setup the way we wanted it. So, stay tuned for house pictures. I also need to post some pictures of some great baby finds we've had in the past couple weeks!

Hope you have a great week!!



Clarification: Before tons of people start yelling at me for doing things a pregnant person shouldn't be doing - my husband did the majority of the actual manual labor items. I mainly did all the cleaning and the moving of non-heavy things. Oh yeah, and my Mom was over and helped me out with the setting up of the guest room. Ok, now nobody need worry or yell!! :)

9 Response to "VBS/Cleaning & Missionaries"

  1. Unknown Says:

    Yikes, a pregnant woman should NOT be doing all that manual labor. I'm hoping Josh did more of the work than you did! Enjoy your company this week!

  2. Melinda McMillen Says:

    Shannon....sounds like your weekend was a lot of work. Glad you got stuff done, though.

  3. Janelle Says:

    Even though it is a lot of work the feelings of accomplishment (not to mention the nice clean house) are SOOOOOO worth it! We do hope you are being careful, and I'm sure you are, but may I remind you to get LOTS of rest these last few weeks because you'll appreciate it after your little bundle gets here!

    Can't wait to see the pictures of your house and baby stuff!!!

  4. Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna Says:

    Wow, you have sure been busy! I am sure the final results are all worth it!! Good job on getting your list done. Can't wait to see pictures of the house!

  5. pamela s Says:

    Glad you got so much done. Having company always pushes me harder too. Btw, maybe the nesting urge has helped you along. :)

  6. Dawn Says:

    You read my mind! I have heard that a lot of pregnant women start "nesting" before their little ones are borne and it sounds like you are definitely nesting! :-)

  7. Mark Says:

    wanna come clean my room?

  8. the johnson crew Says:

    i can't wait to see pictures of your house! it always feels good to get my house cleaned and organized. we worked on our basement last week, and it makes me so happy.

    thanks for your note on my post. thanks especially for your prayers. i hope you find a good babysitter.

    love, janelle

  9. Mark Says:

    your blog has been sabotaged! muahahahahaha!!!!