Remind me to never complain of being bored

Monday, November 06, 2006 10:46 AM Posted by Shannon Smith
Well, I just completed yet another crazy weekend! The past few weeks have been so crazy. When life slows down (which it probably won't....) I don't think I'll ever complain of boredom again!!

This weekend, Josh and I (and Brad Bladine) helped our new friend Megan with a project at the Wausau West High School. Megan is an English teacher there and also supervises the Pub Lab (where the students make the school newspaper and yearbook). This weekend our project was to rearrange the lab so that it functions better. Oh yeah, and we had some students there helping us as well.

Friday night we worked on emptying the lab, cleaning and organizing things to get moved back into the lab. This included removing old cables, cleaning the floors, and throwing away tons of old files and pictures and stuff. We also moved in the tables and arranged them in a much more functional manner. Saturday we moved in the computers and monitors and the rest of the furniture and then worked to organize everything.

The project was tons of work, (we were up late Friday night and up early Saturday morning) but the end result was well worth the effort we put into it. The students were so excited about the reorganization. Hopefully, they will be more productive now!! (Well, at least as productive as a group of High School students can be....)

Now, one might think our crazy busyness would end here and that Saturday evening was spent relaxing and recovering from all the work of the daytime. But, oh no! not us!! Saturday evening we joined my family and a bunch of friends for a bonfire. We were helping a friend from Scotland celebrate Guy Fawkes Day. So, we had a bonfire and cooked hot dogs and S'Mores and had a grand ol' time around the fire. We ended the evening at my parents house watching Finding Nemo.

Sunday was a rather normal Sunday for us. We had church and then dinner at my parents house. Sunday dinners are always great as we end up with tons of people there and there's always lots of laughter and joking going on. I wasn't feeling well Sunday afternoon so I went home and took a nap and actually ended up staying home from evening church because I still was feeling kinda bad. Today I'm feeling better though and feel a bit more rested, but still pretty tired!

Maybe I'll post some pics later if I get them. We took some before and after pictures of the Lab but I don't have copies of them yet.

Have a great week!! As for me, I'm going to try to get caught up on sleep!!

2 Response to "Remind me to never complain of being bored"

  1. Shelli D. Hawkins Says:

    WOW Shannon What a great weekend-You must be exhausted-How much fun! Have a gerat week and thank you for your encouragemnet. I loved the Dilbert cartoons you sent to me today.

    Shelli

  2. Janelle Says:

    Boy, you guys do keep busy! I guess it keeps life interesting!!!

    Love,
    Janelle