The Story of Broiling Pork Chops.....

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:18 AM Posted by Shannon Smith
As told by Joshua Smith.

Sometimes I can be a real dipstick. Yeah. I can. The first part of this story isn't really my fault...

About a year ago, I fixed broiled pork chops. (This is not to say that it has been a year since I cooked.) I cooked them on stoneware, and the second that I opened the oven and took the stoneware out, it cracked in half. Come to find out, stoneware can't be used on un-even heat. Now, in my defense, I didn't know that, and even if I had, I wouldn't have thought of broiling as uneven heat, but anyway...

So tonight, I cooked pork chops again. We had a Pyrex dish for such nasty meals. It was a 9x13 pan and had some stains from it's other adventures, but otherwise had faired well...until tonight. I pulled the chops out of the oven, put them onto our plates, and put the Pyrex into the sink. Stains come off of dishes best in hot water, right? (I'll blame this oversight on my illness this past weekend...) So I sprayed water onto the dish, and it's reaction was somewhere between explosion and disintegration...


The good news is that I had the dish in the sink; the bad news is that the sink has a garbage disposal in it, and a good portion of glass fell into the disposal. J - U - N - K...

So... I needed to take off the garbage disposal to get out all of the glass, right? Did I mention yet that the directions were all wrong? Where there were supposed to be screws, there weren't and there is a hex-socket in the bottom whose purpose is still lost on me.


Anyway, I got the disposal off, cleaned it out thoroughly, and got it back together. All by myself, well with a lot of Shannon's help. :)


Oh........and it still works!!!

1 Response to "The Story of Broiling Pork Chops....."

  1. Janelle Says:

    I guess the biggest lesson learned here - let the pan cool off before you put anything on or in it again! Sorry for the misfortune, but you have to admit, you have to learn somehow and sometime!!!