
A lady in our church was moving today so I volunteered to watch her 5 month old daughter, Faith, for the day and it has turned into an overnight.
Josh and I have had a blast with Faith. She is a very happy baby and she is very fun to be around. Tonight I had her lying on a blanket in our living room and she was quite content to be there by herself and laugh and giggle at nothing.
We decided tonight that if we were guaranteed to have a baby this happy and content, we'd have one tomorrow. Yes, we know that tomorrow is not an option (church...duh!!) so we've decided to wait until Monday.
Right now she's sleeping (9:00 PM). I wonder what my chances are that she'll stay asleep for the night? Good luck to me!!
(Update: Faith did sleep all night and was quite happy when she woke up. Her mother must love having such a happy child! This experience did teach me one thing. While I always knew that having a child was hard work, it has made me realize that I don't think I'm quite ready to have the full-time responsibility of a baby!)