Cynthia - 15 Months

Monday, December 08, 2008 4:30 PM Posted by Shannon Smith

I thought I would give an update of all the things Cynthia is up to these days. She jabbers all the time, although a lot of it cannot be understood! :) She is walking, almost running! She is starting to learn to climb on things...I'm not really encouraging this one though! Daily she entertains us with things she comes up with and things she does. She is a very smart little girl (and it's not just me being a biased mommy!)

On the down-side, she's into EVERYTHING and I think I tell her no about a million times a day!

We're working with her to tell her she's a big girl now so hopefully the transition to having a baby sister in about 8 weeks will go a little smoother!

Playing wise, Cynthia loves to play with her dolls and it's neat to see her with them. She also has a little toy piano that she loves! She will sit for quite a while and look at books with us. We get tired of reading long before she does!!

Here's a list of some of her accomplishments for those who are interested in reading my bragging! :)

Talking - here are the words she can say:
uh-oh
cracker
cookie
mommy
daddy
baby
puppy
cat/kitty
milk
juice
up
down
night-night
car
Papa (for Grandpa)
Julie
Jenny
Mark
yummy (nummy)
bath
banana (nana)
no
go
monkey
bear
more
please (in sign language)
thank you
all done
Honey (referring to mommy sometimes)
No no (when she's not supposed to touch something)
fish (fsh)
chair
rock
tummy
candy
happy baby
ball
owie
.....
I know I left some off, and the list grows daily!


She can also make some animal sounds:
cat
dog
sheep
lion
bear
hyena ("ha ha")
fish (we ask her what a fish does, "go" she got a fish tank for Christmas!)


She can identify some body parts:
eyes
ears
nose
mouth
teeth
hair
head
toe
fingers
tummy
knee
wrist
elbow

2 Response to "Cynthia - 15 Months"

  1. Anna Says:

    What a smart little girl! She reminds me of Ethan at that age.

  2. Mark Says:

    I am humbled