Life at the Smith house is great (and busy)! Cynthia and I are getting settled into a new routine. I'm still working 2 days/week, but I am loving my extra days home with Cynthia. I've been able to get some projects done that have needed attention for a long time and I've also been able to enjoy the Spring weather! We've also had some visitors. Aunt Jenny and some of her friends from NBBC came down for a few days. The girls enjoyed playing with Cynthia and I think she enjoyed the extra attention!
Last week I took Cynthia in for her 6 month checkup (at 7 months!) She is a whopping 15 lbs, 15 ozs. She's in the 50th percentile for height and the 25th for weight. The doctor was very impressed at how healthy Cynthia was all winter and also with her development. She said she's very advanced for her age! (I knew the kid was a genius!!)
Here's some of Cynthia's latest accomplishments:
Now I leave you with some pictures of our latest adventures.


After our park adventure, Grandpa made a run to DQ for some Dilly bars. We gave Cynthia a few bites. As you can see, she quite enjoyed it!

Yes, here she is complaining that we took the ice cream away!
(For those of you who may be concerned here, we did not give the ice cream back and the tears dried up pretty quickly. Also, despite how it looks, she really didn't get much ice cream.)

A few weeks ago I bought Cynthia this new bathtub at Target. She loves it! I love the fact that she can sit up in it without too many worries of hitting her head on the tub.



Last week I took Cynthia in for her 6 month checkup (at 7 months!) She is a whopping 15 lbs, 15 ozs. She's in the 50th percentile for height and the 25th for weight. The doctor was very impressed at how healthy Cynthia was all winter and also with her development. She said she's very advanced for her age! (I knew the kid was a genius!!)
Here's some of Cynthia's latest accomplishments:
- She's got sitting up completely mastered! She hardly ever topples anymore.
- She LOVES going outside. On the days when it's nice out we've been taking lots of walks.
- She can say DaDa, MaMa, Hi, and a myriad of other sounds.
- She mimics....her favorite - coughing!
- She will eat just about any food we give her. We've slowly been adding soft foods instead of just baby food. She loves potatoes and bread especially.
- She's starting to stand up on her own. If we stand her up next to something to hold on to, she can stand for a couple minutes on her own.
- She is very happy and smiley all the time!
- She loves to laugh. She can be sitting on the floor playing by herself and will just start laughing at nothing!
Now I leave you with some pictures of our latest adventures.


After our park adventure, Grandpa made a run to DQ for some Dilly bars. We gave Cynthia a few bites. As you can see, she quite enjoyed it!

Yes, here she is complaining that we took the ice cream away!
(For those of you who may be concerned here, we did not give the ice cream back and the tears dried up pretty quickly. Also, despite how it looks, she really didn't get much ice cream.)

A few weeks ago I bought Cynthia this new bathtub at Target. She loves it! I love the fact that she can sit up in it without too many worries of hitting her head on the tub.
















10:45 AM
Cute pictures! I especially like the ice cream ones. :) Such a meanie, taking her ice cream away!
6:47 PM
Awesome pictures, as always! She's really looking more and more like her daddy, isn't she? That's so funny that she won't roll over for you. That seems early for talking - how fun for you all! How are you liking being a SAHM thus far?
8:11 PM
Those are very cute pictures!! I am so glad you are getting to stay at home more with her. Looks like you are having a blast!!
11:34 PM
She really is a genious! She can even spell her name in blocks already! LOL.
Your pictures are so cute.
Isn't being home great.
3:43 PM
cynthia is beautiful.
i love that bath tub... but we would have no room for it in our room...
wow, she is sitting on her own and starting to stand around things, that is great. she is so precious!
i am glad you are enjoying your time at home with her!