Flu and Sleeping Woes

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:19 PM Posted by Shannon Smith
Sunday morning I woke up feeling horrible. Yes, I had the flu! I felt very miserable all day Sunday. My husband, being the awesome man that he is went to church with the baby so that I could get some sleep. I was so glad for that! I was in no physical shape to take care of the baby.

I also stayed home from work today. We went ahead and sent Cynthia to daycare so that I could get more rest.


Josh & Cynthia at church on Sunday

Our other trouble of late has to do with sleeping. Up until recently putting Cynthia to sleep at night was no problem. I used to rock her to sleep, and then she transitioned into being put down when she was showing signs of being tired and putting herself to sleep. Lately, it seems to be a fight to get her to sleep at night. I never have been a fan of just letting her cry it out, but lately we've been trying that. It's not working though! The longer she lays there crying the more upset she gets. Hopefully we'll get into a new groove soon!

Hopefully the rest of our week gets better!

3 Response to "Flu and Sleeping Woes"

  1. Anna Says:

    I hope you're feeling better soon! And much sympathy on the sleeping issues, although Alex goes to sleep easily, he just doesn't *stay* asleep. :)

    Oh, and Cynthia's little sweater is so sweet!

  2. Shannon Smith Says:

    Yes, I am thankful that once Cynthia is asleep, she is sleeping through the night!

  3. Mark Says:

    have you tried nyquill?