We'll the Smith's have officially joined the ranks of childhood injuries.
Tonight after church, Cynthia decided to take on the stairs on her own. Unfortunately....she didn't quite make it!! Our church has two stairs from one level to the next, next to the stairs is a wheel chair lift. Cynthia fell going down the first step and hit the back of her head on the corner of the lift.
We heard great wailing and crying. Another mom was close by and picked up Cynthia. I took her when I got there and immediately noticed blood! We took Cynthia to the bathroom and someone went for Josh. Her head was bleeding pretty badly, so we decided to go ahead and take her in to get it looked at.
My friend Nina ended up driving us to the ER because Josh was holding Cynthia and my pregnant self was feeling pretty queasy at the sight of my baby bleeding! (Thank the LORD for good friends!!)
They got Cynthia cleaned up at the ER and looked her over and decided against stitches. She does have a nice gash on her head, but she's going to be fine. Whew!!! We're so glad she's ok! We'll be keeping an eye on her head over the next few days and putting antibiotic cream on it. I'm sure she'll have a nice bump back there too.
And here are the pictures to document this momentous occasion!

Laying on the bed. She didn't last long in this position! She was tired and wiggly the whole time we were there!


Tonight after church, Cynthia decided to take on the stairs on her own. Unfortunately....she didn't quite make it!! Our church has two stairs from one level to the next, next to the stairs is a wheel chair lift. Cynthia fell going down the first step and hit the back of her head on the corner of the lift.
We heard great wailing and crying. Another mom was close by and picked up Cynthia. I took her when I got there and immediately noticed blood! We took Cynthia to the bathroom and someone went for Josh. Her head was bleeding pretty badly, so we decided to go ahead and take her in to get it looked at.
My friend Nina ended up driving us to the ER because Josh was holding Cynthia and my pregnant self was feeling pretty queasy at the sight of my baby bleeding! (Thank the LORD for good friends!!)
They got Cynthia cleaned up at the ER and looked her over and decided against stitches. She does have a nice gash on her head, but she's going to be fine. Whew!!! We're so glad she's ok! We'll be keeping an eye on her head over the next few days and putting antibiotic cream on it. I'm sure she'll have a nice bump back there too.
And here are the pictures to document this momentous occasion!
Laying on the bed. She didn't last long in this position! She was tired and wiggly the whole time we were there!
5:12 AM
poor baby :( I'm glad she's ok though. Does she need me to get her a helmet?
7:00 AM
Poor baby indeed!! That's exactly what I was going to say. I'm so glad she didn't need stitches!!
7:03 AM
Poor little girl! (And poor mommy and daddy too!) Glad it wasn't any more serious.
11:12 PM
I bet that was a scary moment for all of you guys. Glad she was not hurt too badly.
9:13 PM
Yikes! SO GLAD she didn't need stitches! I can't imagine how difficult that would be to hold her during the pain of stitches. Glad she's ok!