In which Josh learns a lesson about fire

Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:56 PM Posted by Shannon Smith
Story time! Ready....

So tonight Josh and a bunch of the teens from next door were burning a bunch of junk.




They were having so much fun that they decided to add to the fun and burn a mostly empty spray paint can.


So they thought, that was COOL, wouldn't two cans be cooler?? So, they put in 2 more cans, but these had a little bit more paint in them!

We had all (except Josh) just taken a few steps back when BOOM the cans exploded! Josh was knocked to the ground. He got up holding his ears and I rushed over to see how he was. He had blood streaming down his face but we couldn't tell how bad the cut was! We rushed him up to the house to further investigate while the others put the fire out and found Josh's glasses.

He has a pretty nasty cut on his face near his ear and a nice chunk missing from his ear. We decided he didn't need stitches, but Tammy (neighbor "mom") and I went and bought some butterfly bandages and stuff to get his cut cleaned out.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.


And for all of you that are wondering...Yes, Josh is ok and nobody else was hurt.

Go here to read Josh's version of the story.

2 Response to "In which Josh learns a lesson about fire"

  1. Janelle Says:

    OK, so some lessons are a little harder than others to learn, but are you kidding me?!!! Hopefully Cynthia didn't see any of that and doesn't ask any questions about what is that on Daddy's face! Insert a certain phrase here: "do as I SAY, not as I DO"! Glad that nobody else was hurt and that Josh will live to tell the tale and hopefully have learned a lesson - like obeying the warning on the can! ;)

  2. Anna Says:

    I'm glad he didn't get hurt worse, but for crying out loud! What was he thinking? On the other hand, as your kids get older, their friends will probably all think that they have the coolest dad ... especially if you have boys! :D