August happenings

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:23 AM Posted by Shannon Smith
A lot has happened in the month of August for the Smith family! Here's a brief recap.
  • We moved out of our house and put all our stuff into my parents garage and Cynthia and I are currently living with my parents.
  • Josh started his new job the first Monday in August. He's really liking it and is also loving living in the Chicago area.
  • Josh's sister moved to Northern Wisconsin to teach at a Christian school so Cynthia and I went and spent a few days helping her get settled into her new apartment. We also went along with her to pick up the car she bought.
  • My mom, Cynthia and I spent a weekend down in Chicago with Josh. We got to go to the Air & Water show. We basically saw the air part of the show and got to see some really cool planes.
  • During the trip to Chicago we got to meet Josh's boss and have a cookout with them. We also got to go look at the house that we're going to be renting.
  • A friend of mine is moving so last week her kids came over a few days so their mom could get some stuff done. Cynthia enjoyed having other kids around to play with!!
  • Last weekend we had a very unsuccessful garage sale. But in the end we donated everything to a thrift store so at least I got rid of a bunch of stuff!
  • Also last weekend we all drove over to visit Jenny and see how her apartment ended up.
So, there you have it. That's basically what we've been up to!

For all those who are wondering, the Lord has worked it out of us to rent a 3 bedroom house. The house is bascially the same size as where we were living before. The neat thing is, it has all the "stuff" I wanted in our next house. Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher and A/C!! I'm so happy , and it's been so neat to see God work out all the details.

Now, I leave you with a few pictures (somewhat out of order!).



Cynthia and Jenny showing off the new car


Aunt Jenny reading a book to Cynthia. Cynthia LOVED it and sat so still for the entire book!


Jenny, Cynthia and Josh


Josh & Jenny
they kinda matched so we had to have a picture



Cynthia playing in the grass while we took boxes in at Jenny's


Fun on the swing!


Cynthia amusing herself with a box


Cynthia and her friends Anneliese & Bryce playing at the park
despite how it look, Cynthia really was having fun!

2 Response to "August happenings"

  1. krystina Says:

    so my question. what possessed josh to decide to have a picture taken in front of the bathroom shower curtain? I guess if you squint, it kinda matches josh's shirt and all...

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Shannon! It's so good to hear how you're doing. I hope you are able to get moved into your house in Chicago soon!