Josh and I had quite the "adventure" Sunday night/Monday.
Sunday night Josh and my Dad drove our Extension team back to Northland after church. So, my mom drove Cynthia and I home. We arrived at my house and I heard a very strange noise coming from our garage area. So, we took the baby inside and left her in her car seat (screaming cause she was hungry) and went to investigate what was going on. Our investigations led us to the basement where we found water gushing into the basement and puddles of water everywhere! GREAT! Now what?? (Remember, my husband is not home, I have a flooded basement and a starving baby!)
I called Josh to ask him what we should do. He told me to see if our neighbor could come over and look at the problem and get the water turned off. So, while I called him mom went up to make a bottle for Cynthia and try to get her calmed down. Luckily our neighbor wasn't in bed yet (it was 9:30 PM at this point) so he came over to take a look at what was going on. He thought we had a busted water pipe and got the water turned off for us.
Well, now we have no water, but we also had no heat! Our house has hot water heat so when the water was shut off that also shut off our heat.
I was so glad my mom was still there! Josh told me to just pack up our stuff for the next day and to go back home with Mom and we would just stay at my parents house overnight.
By this time poor Cynthia was so upset and just wanted her Mommy. Grandma and her bottle just weren't cutting it! So, I went and fed her and calmed her down and then packed up our stuff and headed back to Merrill.
Monday morning my landlord returned our call around 7:30 and after confirming that we didn't stay in our cold house overnight, said that he would go check out what was going on and get someone over there to fix it. They ended up calling a plumber who came over around 12:45 and found that a water pipe off our main water line had burst. I think it took him most of the afternoon (we were at work) to get it fixed, but he did it! So, our water and heat were fully restored. Oh, and while he was at it he fixed a minor complaint we had with our heating system, so that made us happy!!
I am so thankful for God's hand in all of this! We had been gone all day on Sunday. Mom and I think the water couldn't have broken too much before we got home or else our entire basement would have been covered in water. As it was there were only some puddles and none of our stuff stored down there got wet! We're also very thankful that our overnight without heat happened on a night/day when it was warmer out and not last weekend when it was -20 out! God is so Good and protects us and watches out for us!!
Sunday night Josh and my Dad drove our Extension team back to Northland after church. So, my mom drove Cynthia and I home. We arrived at my house and I heard a very strange noise coming from our garage area. So, we took the baby inside and left her in her car seat (screaming cause she was hungry) and went to investigate what was going on. Our investigations led us to the basement where we found water gushing into the basement and puddles of water everywhere! GREAT! Now what?? (Remember, my husband is not home, I have a flooded basement and a starving baby!)
I called Josh to ask him what we should do. He told me to see if our neighbor could come over and look at the problem and get the water turned off. So, while I called him mom went up to make a bottle for Cynthia and try to get her calmed down. Luckily our neighbor wasn't in bed yet (it was 9:30 PM at this point) so he came over to take a look at what was going on. He thought we had a busted water pipe and got the water turned off for us.
Well, now we have no water, but we also had no heat! Our house has hot water heat so when the water was shut off that also shut off our heat.
I was so glad my mom was still there! Josh told me to just pack up our stuff for the next day and to go back home with Mom and we would just stay at my parents house overnight.
By this time poor Cynthia was so upset and just wanted her Mommy. Grandma and her bottle just weren't cutting it! So, I went and fed her and calmed her down and then packed up our stuff and headed back to Merrill.
Monday morning my landlord returned our call around 7:30 and after confirming that we didn't stay in our cold house overnight, said that he would go check out what was going on and get someone over there to fix it. They ended up calling a plumber who came over around 12:45 and found that a water pipe off our main water line had burst. I think it took him most of the afternoon (we were at work) to get it fixed, but he did it! So, our water and heat were fully restored. Oh, and while he was at it he fixed a minor complaint we had with our heating system, so that made us happy!!
I am so thankful for God's hand in all of this! We had been gone all day on Sunday. Mom and I think the water couldn't have broken too much before we got home or else our entire basement would have been covered in water. As it was there were only some puddles and none of our stuff stored down there got wet! We're also very thankful that our overnight without heat happened on a night/day when it was warmer out and not last weekend when it was -20 out! God is so Good and protects us and watches out for us!!
9:14 PM
So glad to hear everything worked out. How nice that none of your stuff got wet!