Well, we're adjusting to life with baby! Our first few nights at home were a bit rough and none of us got much sleep, but we're slowly getting better. Daytime is going pretty well. She pretty much does the typical baby schedule of eating, sleeping and pooping! :) Nighttimes are settling into a sleeping and eating routine, which makes mommy much more happy!
Josh and I are so in love with this little person it is amazing! I never knew I could have this much love in my heart for a baby.
For all of you who have asked, Cynthia's birth was a really long day, but went well. I started having somewhat regular contractions around 7 PM on Monday evening (the 1st). We started our trek to the hospital around 2 AM. The contractions were about 5 minutes apart, but unfortunately I was only dilated to 1! At 10 AM they decided to break my water since things still weren't progressing on their own. The doctor told us at that time that things should start picking up the pace in about 2 hours. Well, noon came and went and still nothing happening! At 1 PM they started me on Pitocin. The contractions had REALLY started then by 2 PM and I was in lots of pain on top of being tired from being up all night. At that time I decided to go ahead and get an epidural (actually, Josh decided for me!). After that I was able to rest from about 3 PM to 5 PM. When they checked me at 5 I was still only dilated to 4! However, about 45 minutes later the doctor comes back in to check me again and I was dilated to 9 1/2!! The rest went fine, and Cynthia Esther Rose Smith was born at 7:09 PM on Tuesday, October 2, 2007.
Here are a few of our recent pictures:

Josh and I are so in love with this little person it is amazing! I never knew I could have this much love in my heart for a baby.
For all of you who have asked, Cynthia's birth was a really long day, but went well. I started having somewhat regular contractions around 7 PM on Monday evening (the 1st). We started our trek to the hospital around 2 AM. The contractions were about 5 minutes apart, but unfortunately I was only dilated to 1! At 10 AM they decided to break my water since things still weren't progressing on their own. The doctor told us at that time that things should start picking up the pace in about 2 hours. Well, noon came and went and still nothing happening! At 1 PM they started me on Pitocin. The contractions had REALLY started then by 2 PM and I was in lots of pain on top of being tired from being up all night. At that time I decided to go ahead and get an epidural (actually, Josh decided for me!). After that I was able to rest from about 3 PM to 5 PM. When they checked me at 5 I was still only dilated to 4! However, about 45 minutes later the doctor comes back in to check me again and I was dilated to 9 1/2!! The rest went fine, and Cynthia Esther Rose Smith was born at 7:09 PM on Tuesday, October 2, 2007.
Here are a few of our recent pictures:

All dressed up for our first Sunday at church





10:03 AM
Awww - I love the family shot! She's such a cutie!!
11:47 AM
Thanks for sharing a summary of your birth experience. Wasn't that epidural wonderful! The same thing happened for me with Kayla where I got the epidural after having been on Pitocin and miserable and three hours later, I was dilated from a 3 to a 10 after resting while it happened!
She is very cute. Glad to see she's talking to the grandparents already!
4:25 PM
I think the "shopping trip" picture is my favorite! Isn't it amazing how you can fall in love with a baby so quickly?
10:00 AM
i am already planning on having an epidural... unless for some reason that when i get to the hospital my baby just pops out and i don't have time for one... but i doubt that will happen.
those pictures are adorable. i love that little red dress.
7:04 PM
Those are wonderful pictures!! I am very happy for you all!! I am sure you are loving this precious time with your little newborn!!
8:04 PM
My goodness, she is so beautiful with the most adorable clothes EVER!!!!! Thanks for the wonderful pictures! So glad to hear that things have leveled out at least a little! Stay rested if you can!
5:03 PM
She just couldn't be any more adorable (really!)!
6:50 PM
the pictures are great! Cynthia is beautiful!!
6:50 PM
Cynthia is beautiful!
7:35 PM
Cynthia is beautiful and you both are awesome parents. Never lose the wonder of this precious time. You make me wish for those days all over again. (almost)
2:01 PM
Don't you just love epidurals?!? God is so good to give us that option these days. I just gushed with love for my nurses when the epidural was administered. :)
Cynthia is so adorable in that red dress! Isn't it fun to dress her up?
Glad you all are getting used to life as a 3-some and settling into some patterns. That will truly help when you want to start her on a schedule.