The tale of the lost pillow

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:21 AM Posted by Shannon Smith
Do you ever get attached to things? It's silly, but I think most all of us do it. Well, for me - my attachment is a smallish feather pillow that I sleep with EVERY NIGHT! (Josh and I lovingly refer to the pillow as "Squishy Pillow".) This pillow gets slept with every night, and gets taken on every trip. Josh says that I squeeze the pillow to death in my sleep.

Sadly enough, I realized on our way home from Minneapolis on Sunday that I had left my pillow at the motel. Believe it or not, I almost cried over this fact. (It's the pregnancy hormones!) I briefly thought about begging Josh to turn around and go back for it, but I refrained from doing so. Josh really didn't understand why I was so upset about a pillow, but gave me a hug anyway.

I tried calling the motel on the way home, but got an answering machine and never got a call back.

When we got home, I of course had to find a replacement sleeping friend. (Besides my husband....he doesn't like to be squished at night.) So, for the last few nights, a nice teddy bear has been the recipient of my squeezing torture in my sleep.

Well, I decided to try calling the motel one more time today. Unfortunately, I got the same recording again and left another message. Lo and behold.....they called me back not long after! And......

THEY STILL HAVE MY PILLOW!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!

Our good friend Brad is living in Minneapolis and coming to visit this weekend, so he's going to go rescue my pillow and bring it to me. Thanks Brad!!

Isn't it neat how the Lord takes care of us? Even in the small seemingly inconsequential things like a pillow?

6 Response to "The tale of the lost pillow"

  1. Dawn Says:

    I am glas that you are getting your old "friend" back! I heard that many mom's sleep with a blanket or a small stuffed animal that they give to their babies when they are born and that the babies love it because it smells like their moms. I never did this but I might for our next baby someday. Maybe you can go back to the stuffed animal before the baby comes :-)

  2. Janelle Says:

    Yes, God is good to us even in the little things!!! What a HUGE lesson in such a small way! By the way, I'm fondly attached to my pillow also and have done the same thing in the past and the Lord was good to me too and we were able to retrieve my pillow also! Praise God for little blessings!

  3. mitchells2000 Says:

    I can relate... except for mine is an old Santa bear that has long ago lost his hat and scarf! It looks remarkably good for the 21+ years I've been sleeping with it! Glad you're getting your pillow back!

  4. Unknown Says:

    Great story! God is so good and it's so cool to see His love manifested in little provisions like this. Thanks for sharing!

  5. Melinda McMillen Says:

    I totally understand about the Squishy Pillow, Sis. I do the same thing with my bunny. So glad you got your pillow back!!

  6. joyfully2b4u Says:

    amen! I'm so glad to hear that your pillow is being restored to its rightful home! =)