Thankfulness

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 1:30 PM Posted by Shannon Smith
The Lord has given me so many things to be Thankful for. I was reminded of that at church last night. The message was on Psalm 100. I was struck with the fact that I need to be Thankful ALL the time, and not just during this time of the year.

Psalm 100

1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2 Serve the LORD with gladness:

come before his presence with singing.
3 Know ye that the LORD he is God:

it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,

and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him,and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good;

his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations.

Here are a few of the things I am thankful for:
  • My Salvation and the freedom to worship.
  • My husband:
    • He has a desire to serve in our church and is always looking for ways to help.
    • He loves me and takes care of me.
    • He is concerned about my needs as much as he is his own.
    • I can laugh with him and we enjoy spending time together.
    • He is smart and is always trying to learn.
    • Because he picked me even though I don't deserve him.
  • For the jobs that Josh and I have and that we have enough money to meet our needs.
  • A loving and supportive family (both sets of parents).
  • My Christian heritage.
  • Good health.
  • A good church to go to that teaches the Truth.
  • A nice car that gets us where we need to go.
  • A nice place to live.
  • Friends.
  • Plus many more....
I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Take the time to thank the Lord for the many blessings He has given you!

0 Response to "Thankfulness"