Sometimes it seems life never slows down. But being busy sure can be fun!! (Warning, this post is kinda long!!)
Friday night Joshua and I drove over to Northland to hear the SMS Men's Choir at the Artist Series. On the way over, we received a call from a friend (who will remain nameless to protect him!) who was having a problem and needed HELP!!! This friend had been driving through Crandon, WI the day before and had stopped to get gas and his credit card had been rejected and he was being accused of stealing gas. He called Josh since he knew Josh used to live in Crandon and had some connections there. So, we arrive in Crandon and head straight for the Police Station. Josh talks to the cops and then we head over to the gas station to pay for the "stolen" gas for our nice friend. You know, you'd think that if someone came in saying that they were going to give you money, you'd just accept it. Oh no - not this lady!! She tried giving Josh a hard time, but he won!! They finally accepted the money and gave Josh a "receipt" to prove that the gas had been paid for. His receipt was written on the back of a cigarette carton!! Well, that taken care of we proceed to go back to the Police so they can put down on the record that the gas had been paid for. Whew! What an adventure!!
With that escapade behind us we went to Subway and had supper with my parents who were also heading up for the concert. We had a nice time chatting with them and laughing over miscellaneous stories from the day.
The concert was very nice and the singing was great. There was even an appearance by a Barbershop Quartet that I particularly enjoyed! We also enjoyed sitting with Josh's friend Dan Childers and also Jenny, Josh's sister.
After the concert we were able to talk to lots of friends who we hadn't seen in a while. We also got to meet a couple of the SMS guys and enjoyed talking with them. I think we ended up talking to people until around 10:30.
Now, you might think oh 10:30 end of the night right? Nope, not for us crazy people. There was a Hockey Game Friday night and Josh and I really enjoy going to those, so us, Jenny and Holly (Jenny's friend) went to the game together. We had fun but didn't get back until around 1:15 AM or so!!
Josh and I spent the night with our good friends the Reese's. We always have a blast at their house. Phil and Shirley have 6 kids of which 5 are boys. So yes, it is never dull at their house! We were woken up by Thomas (one of the members of our fan club!) at 9 AM by him coming into our room and turning on the light to say good morning!! We enjoyed our visit with them and had fun playing with the kiddos and hearing what they are up to. (I'll post pictures later!)
Saturday evening we had a night of excitement which was supper and several crazy rounds of Uno Attack with the Eckdal's, Silvia, Liz, Jen, Dan and Mark on Saturday night. If you've never played this game you should try it sometime!!
Sunday was a bit calmer in which I was able to take a nap (yay!!) and we just did some relaxing.
Sunday evening at church the kids from church had the opportunity to show their parents and the other adults what they've been learning in Children's Church. Josh and I love teaching them on Sundays and have so much fun with the kids. Right now Josh is teaching through the book of Acts and the kids are really enjoying it. They sang 2 songs and then answered some questions about their lessons. We were so proud of the kids - they all did an excellent job!!
Wow, I'm tired just thinking back on all that we did this weekend. I'll post pictures later on.
Friday night Joshua and I drove over to Northland to hear the SMS Men's Choir at the Artist Series. On the way over, we received a call from a friend (who will remain nameless to protect him!) who was having a problem and needed HELP!!! This friend had been driving through Crandon, WI the day before and had stopped to get gas and his credit card had been rejected and he was being accused of stealing gas. He called Josh since he knew Josh used to live in Crandon and had some connections there. So, we arrive in Crandon and head straight for the Police Station. Josh talks to the cops and then we head over to the gas station to pay for the "stolen" gas for our nice friend. You know, you'd think that if someone came in saying that they were going to give you money, you'd just accept it. Oh no - not this lady!! She tried giving Josh a hard time, but he won!! They finally accepted the money and gave Josh a "receipt" to prove that the gas had been paid for. His receipt was written on the back of a cigarette carton!! Well, that taken care of we proceed to go back to the Police so they can put down on the record that the gas had been paid for. Whew! What an adventure!!
With that escapade behind us we went to Subway and had supper with my parents who were also heading up for the concert. We had a nice time chatting with them and laughing over miscellaneous stories from the day.
The concert was very nice and the singing was great. There was even an appearance by a Barbershop Quartet that I particularly enjoyed! We also enjoyed sitting with Josh's friend Dan Childers and also Jenny, Josh's sister.
After the concert we were able to talk to lots of friends who we hadn't seen in a while. We also got to meet a couple of the SMS guys and enjoyed talking with them. I think we ended up talking to people until around 10:30.
Now, you might think oh 10:30 end of the night right? Nope, not for us crazy people. There was a Hockey Game Friday night and Josh and I really enjoy going to those, so us, Jenny and Holly (Jenny's friend) went to the game together. We had fun but didn't get back until around 1:15 AM or so!!
Josh and I spent the night with our good friends the Reese's. We always have a blast at their house. Phil and Shirley have 6 kids of which 5 are boys. So yes, it is never dull at their house! We were woken up by Thomas (one of the members of our fan club!) at 9 AM by him coming into our room and turning on the light to say good morning!! We enjoyed our visit with them and had fun playing with the kiddos and hearing what they are up to. (I'll post pictures later!)
Saturday evening we had a night of excitement which was supper and several crazy rounds of Uno Attack with the Eckdal's, Silvia, Liz, Jen, Dan and Mark on Saturday night. If you've never played this game you should try it sometime!!
Sunday was a bit calmer in which I was able to take a nap (yay!!) and we just did some relaxing.
Sunday evening at church the kids from church had the opportunity to show their parents and the other adults what they've been learning in Children's Church. Josh and I love teaching them on Sundays and have so much fun with the kids. Right now Josh is teaching through the book of Acts and the kids are really enjoying it. They sang 2 songs and then answered some questions about their lessons. We were so proud of the kids - they all did an excellent job!!
Wow, I'm tired just thinking back on all that we did this weekend. I'll post pictures later on.
9:08 AM
Sounds like a very FULL busy weekend, with lots of fun memories and stories to tell your kids someday!!!! =) By the way, love the changes that you've made to your blog - although I must admit it made me frustrated and then I just had to laugh. Let me tell you why. I worked for like an hour yesterday trying to get a little ticker (exactly like the one you have at the top of your blog) put into my blog. If you've recently visited mine, you already know it didn't work. This is an obvious truth that I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to these blogs. Anyway, LOVE the ticker you have and it does look great! I might be asking you later how you did it, once my pride heals a little bit!!! =)
Love, Janelle
9:09 AM
Sorry that was so long, I just had to vent a little! =)