Labor Day Weekend

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:02 PM Posted by Shannon Smith
Josh and I enjoyed our long weekend. We enjoyed having some time at home to relax and also some time to get out and do things with friends. Here's what we did: (If you'd like to skip all this text, there are photos below!)

Friday night I had a girls night at my house. My Mom and sister came over and we did some Stamping. We are just getting into the Rubber Stamping craze and have fun making cards and using our creative prowess (or lack thereof!)

Saturday Josh and I slept in and then just hung out at home doing a lot of nothing. Saturday evening we went to my parents for a cookout and then went bowling. One of our friends from Northland, Stewart MacLean was visiting with his friend, Jeff, for the weekend. We all had a great time together.

Sunday afternoon, myself, Josh, Jeff and Stewart went to Rib Mountain State Park and spent some time up there. They have a 60 foot (1400 feet above sea level so Joshua tells me) lookout tower there that we went up to see the views. We also walked one of the many hiking trails there. The one we ended up on was about a mile long with TONS of hills. I was tired by the time we were done, but we throughly enjoyed ourselves.

Monday, Josh's friend Dan Childers and another new friend of ours, Erick, and my brother Mark came over and the 5 of us went to the Eau Claire Dells which is about half an hour from our house. The guys all had a blast climbing around on the rocks and trying not to fall in the water! Our next stop was a driving tour of Wausau, WI for Erick since he had never been here before. Our tour ended at Rib Mountain State Park where we climbed the lookout tower and took tons of pictures of the beautiful landscape. After that we went back to the Smith apartment where we grilled out and had some fun eating and fellowshipping together. Our evening ended late (11:00), but we all had a great time.

Needless to say, after my busy weekend, I am ready for another day off just to have some time to rest!

3 Response to "Labor Day Weekend"

  1. joyfully2b4u Says:

    you've got some AWESOME pics there!

  2. Shannon Smith Says:

    Thanks Joy!

  3. Janelle Says:

    Great pictures you guys!!! It looked like it was so beautiful there!!! I miss the outdoors that look like that. I know the beaches here are nice and all, but I miss the rugged rocks and creeks and rivers and all the beauty that goes along with all that too. Sounds like a great weekend!!!