What a Busy Weekend!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:15 PM Posted by Shannon Smith
This past weekend Josh and I had an opportunity to visit Illinois and Iowa to see some of Josh's extended family. Josh's Mom was up visiting them from Florida, so we decided to go visit as well since we hadn't seen Mom Smith since our wedding last April.
We drove to Rockford, IL after work Friday night and stayed overnight at a motel there. We enjoyed having a night away from home to be able to relax and not worry about anything from home!
Saturday morning we drove to Rock Falls, IL and had lunch with Mom Smith's parents (the Ratliff's). We had a great visit with them and were encouraged to see how well they were doing.
Saturday afternoon found us driving to Muscatine, IA to visit Grandma Smith. We stayed overnight with her and went to her church Sunday morning and then she took us out for lunch.
Sunday afternoon we drove to (are you sensing a theme here?) Davenport, IA to attend a Ratliff family gathering. There were about 30 people there. I enjoyed meeting Aunts and Uncles whose names I'd heard, but had never met. Josh enjoyed spending time with his family whom he hadn't seen in years.
We left Davenport about 9:15 Sunday night and arrived home at 2:30 Monday morning. WOW!!!
All in all we had a great trip and enjoyed getting away for a while. We also enjoyed getting to spend some time with Mom Smith. :)

I will post some pictures later.

2 Response to "What a Busy Weekend!"

  1. pamela s Says:

    Hi Shannon,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Hope you're doing fine. I saw pics of you & Josh when I was at Sarah's (Ny/Rice) house. They live a couple miles away from us! I also go to church with Elyse (Margraff) Shedal. Small world! Where do you guys live?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Shannon!
    Thanks for posting on my blog, too! :) It was good to hear from you! Your wedding pictures are beautiful! (Cute duckies, too!)